Friday, April 10, 2015

Regular Guy Reads of the Week: April 10th

It's been a wacky week for me, but I've definitely stumbled onto more good reads than I did last week. As always, be in touch if you have anything you'd like me to add to my pile.

Four Ways to Break Out of a Weight-Loss Rut: Some unusual ideas here for people who've hit a plateau.

Why Healthy Habits Don't Work: This is a pretty unusual take, but I like it. The idea is that you have to find a way to make fitness and health mesh with your values. Trying to adopt a habit you don't actually believe in doesn't work.

How to Be a Beast on the Uphills: Too many runners fear hills. But IMO, they're what separates the serious runners from the recreational people.

Strength Training for the Cardio Fan: You know you need to do some strength training to achieve your goals, but maybe you don't know where to start, or are intimidated. Here are some ideas for you.

An Open Letter of Apology to All My Clients: If you've followed my blog for a while, you know I'm a big Mike Samuels fan. I LOVE what he did here. Guilt, shame and picayune rule-following is not the answer.

Fear Not, Marathoners: Too Much Running Won't Kill You: Another study, with actual new experimental data, takes down the O'Keefe "too much exercise" baloney. At some point, O'Keefe will be in the same dustbin as the anti-vaxxer study.

A Marital Spat Over Running Shoes: This is actually a story about how attention to form helped one runner not just on the road, but in real life. Great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment