Friday, March 27, 2015

Regular Guy Reads of the Week: March 27th

Here's what I've been reading in the past week. I'm linking to a couple of motivational articles -- not something I normally do, but no knowledge is worth anything if you don't put it into practice. As always, if you have something you'd like me to link to, give me a heads up!

How Many People Get Enough (Or Too Much) Exercise? There's yet another article out there on the supposed dangers of too much exercise. Guess what? No new data, just more baloney.

Settling the Great Grain Debate: Repeat after me: Wheat is not bad for you.

Why It's Time We Paid Employees to Exercise at Work: Hear, hear! A healthier workforce is more productive and costs less in health insurance.

Just Because It's on the Internet Doesn't Mean It's True - Part One: Donuts: I've said it before, and I'm not the only one: Anyone who tells you there's only one way to get results is full of it.

The Weight of the Evidence: Diets Do Not Work: I'm not buying what's being sold here, but I need to do more research. It's all about the so-called "obesity paradox": Mortality rate data supposedly shows that mildly obese folks live longer.

Cardio Makes You Fat and Apples Will Rise: Sort of a misleading headline -- this is a pro-cardio piece. There is literally NO scientific evidence suggesting that you gain weight doing cardio.

So You Say You Hate Exercise: Suck it up, buttercup! You probably hate cleaning the bathroom, getting up before 9:00 a.m. and many other things you do because they make your life livable.

10 Habits of People Who Love to Work Out: My favorite: They don't think about how much weight they're losing.

Five Cures for Gym Intimidation: I'll admit that I still get intimidated by the free-weights section of the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment